Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Linn Cove, Etc.

On Monday my sister had her orientation at Lenoir Rhyne, so my mom and I drove down to North Carolina with her. While she was at orientation, mom and I drove up to the Blue Ridge Parkway to see the Linn Cove Viaduct, the bridge around Grandfather Mountain that my dad helped to build (and even I did not have a reason to want to go see the bridge, it is beautiful up there!) There is a vistor's center near the bridge that also serves as a trail head for a trail that goes back under/behind the bridge, so we hiked the length of the bridge (the trail kept going, but we needed to get back to Lenoir Rhyne). It was really pretty, though there were lots of trees blocking any sort of sweeping view of the landscape. On the way back down the trail we saw a butterfly and I somehow managed to snap a picture when its wings were open!



No comments: