Thursday, August 16, 2007

Arrival

I am currently sitting in an internet cafe a few blocks from the flat I will be staying in while I am here in Budapest. I will be staying with a wonderful Hungarian lady (who incidentally knows basically no English) and a girl named Jessie. We live in the Castle District (probably the nicest part of Budapest), directly down the hill from the castle, actually. It is pretty sweet. I will get pictures of it later. When we arrived early this afternoon, Éva (our 'mom' for the semester) had cold peach soup for us. It is amazing. After dinner tonight she brought out fresh peaches - they looked green, but were definitely ripe and are amazing. There must be a different variety of peach here. Right now I am very tired, so I will leave you with a few pictures and a promise to add more sometime soon.

Sunrise from Heathrow Airport

For my MathCamp friends, the salad dressing lid from the airplane dinner:

No comments: