Saturday, July 26, 2008

In which I pretend this is a photo blog

I was in an artistic sort of mood this week, so I did a better job than usual of carrying (and remembering to use) my camera. Today the REU group went on a hike. Thus you get lots of pictures :-)

First off, my birthday was this week. My birthday cake:
I enjoy decorating birthday cakes, but when I get to choose the cake I go for a jam cake that does not lend itself to decoration. Go figure. It was delicious though :-)

Around campus:
My view from the bench where I sit to eat lunch every day.









A couple of pictures of different angles of the same flower. I'm not usually attracted to the red ones, but for some reason this one caught my eye.




I have no idea what these are, but they are really cool!








Squirrels!







And one from the construction site near the math building... The names that some companies decide to take never fail to amaze me.








Busiek State Forrest:
Not very far along the trail we came across a pretty butterfly. Shortly after that we reached a stream where the bridge was out...


And then we found the bridge...









The rest of the hike was very pretty, but not terribly eventful.











And of course we have flowers from along the trail:












No comments: