Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Snow!

The closest it got to snowing while I was in Coquitlam was a heavy frost. The pictures I have posted of Canada so far have all been nature shots, but I'm supposed to be trying to get better at urban photography, so here is a shot of part of the Coquitlam skyline before we go back to Atlanta.

The day after I got back to Atlanta the temperature dropped below freezing and we got snow. Not a lot of snow, but enough to be pretty (at least where it didn't promptly melt and refreeze into ice sheets...).
The sign in front of my building:

A light post near the industrial engineering building:

Birds! The cold seemed to make them more willing to sit still than usual.

1 comment:

DM said...

The skyline picture is awesome! The bird pictures are cool, but it's hard to pick the birds out from the background.

I haven't found a good solution for this problem, though...