Sunday, July 4, 2010

From Sea to Shining Sea...

...almost. I was at a conference at Stanford last week. The campus there is lovely, as are the nearby bay lands.


Today I was back in Atlanta for the 4th and went down to Centennial Olympic Park to listen to the concerts and watch fireworks.

I don't think the show topped the Szt. Istvan show I watched from the banks of the Duna in Budapest, but they nevertheless made impressive use of the space they had to work with. I think this was the first time I have watched a fireworks show that was coming from 3 sides. Adding to the effect is that this building

was on my right. You will note that there are light fluffy clouds reflected in the windows at the moment. Those windows are also quite good at reflecting fireworks. Before we get to the fireworks though you may remember the giant CocaCola bottle I posted a picture of a while back. Its lights are usually programmed to "empty" and "refill" the bottle tonight something different happened when it got dark

Ok, now you can have fireworks. The pictures don't come close to doing it justice, but I got some that are better than most of my previous attempts at fireworks shots. I took pictures the first few minutes and then decided that I would rather just enjoy the show than take lots of pictures, so I don't have too many.

No comments: